- Management and oversight of the Institutional Giving program, including all public and private grants, foundations and corporate funding.
- Achievement of revenue goals for all Institutional Giving revenue areas.
- Creation, submission and tracking of funding proposals, budgets and grant reports, often in collaboration with other staff.
- Prospect research geared toward expanding Institutional Giving donor pool.
- Key role in revenue generation and cultivation for the organization.
- Reports to the Senior Director, Development.
Essential Duties and Tasks:
- Manage and cultivate a portfolio of institutional funding relationships, spearheading outreach and planning with internal and external stakeholders, drafting high-quality proposal solicitation packages for corporate, foundation and government funders.
- Liaise with Board of Directors and other volunteers, providing support, reports and training as needed.
- Develop and execute a strategic plan to secure corporate and foundation gifts and government grants based on organizational priorities.
- Develop comprehensive corporate giving program which includes recognition and benefit packages for corporate funders. Focusing on larger organizational partnerships and sponsorship for events and programs.
- Perform internal reviews in collaboration with program and finance departments to assess organizational funding needs for HMI projects and programs.
- Oversee annual budget and forecasting for Institutional Giving department.
- Execute the timely writing, editing, and completion of all proposals and funding applications, both general operating support and project-specific.
- Forecast upcoming annual grant application needs and deadlines. Supervises the grant reporting processes, timelines, and information-gathering efforts with finance, program managers, and executive team.
- Track current and historical results of grant-funded programs/ initiatives.
- Facilitate cross-functional teams as necessary for grant development and fulfillment.
- Develop and implement record-keeping systems in Raiser’s Edge related to the institutional giving program.
- Prepare and maintain calendar and schedule of operations for proposal submissions, grant applications, and reports.
- Manage volunteers, consultant grant writers and other vendors, as needed.
- Assist in the planning and execution of other Development Department and Agency priorities, as requested.
- Other duties as assigned.
Experience, Knowledge, Skills and Abilities Required:
- Bachelor’s degree.
- Minimum 3+ years of fundraising experience with demonstrated success in the research, identification, analysis, solicitation and stewardship of grants.
- Knowledge of institutional (federal, state, city and private) funding sources.
- Excellent writing and editing skills.
- Excellent verbal, interpersonal and group communications skills.
- Exceptional administrative, organizational, and time management skills.
- Proven ability to manage complex information and budgets.
- Ability to write effectively in a fast-paced and changing environment.
- Successful track record of collaboratively working with a wide range of constituents, both internal and external.
- Ability to exercise independent judgment when appropriate; strong decision-making skills.
- Computer Skills: Proficiency in all programs of the current Microsoft Office suite and the major component parts of Raiser’s Edge.
Additional Desirable Qualifications:
- Knowledge of lesbian, gay, bisexual, transgender and questioning orientation/sexual identity issues.
- Contacts and relationships within the New York/Tri-State funding community and beyond.